We all love Keystone in the winter and enjoy hitting the slopes! But have you ever checked out the many things to do over the summer? Summer is a great time to try the many different things Keystone has to offer. From hiking to biking to swimming, read on about some of our favorite things to do over the summer months here in Keystone, Colorado!
1. Horseback riding is something you should definitely experience in the mountains. Saddle up at Keystone Stables and ride through the White River National Forest. The wrangler will guide you through some great trails, that may get steep but are a ton of fun.
2. Not ready for the snow to be gone and still want to do snowy activities? Don’t worry, you can still go snow tubing in the summer! The tubing hill is located at the top of the mountain at Adventure Point. Get on the magic carpet and sled down with your friends and family, winter AND summer!
3. Kidtopia Headquarters still has fun activities in the summer for kids. The ice skating rink melts and turns into a mini golf course. There is rock climbing, panning for gold (gems), a bungee trampoline and tons of other free and fun activities. You can even head through a maze at the Montezuma Shaft Maze. Your kids will not get bored from all the activities at Keystone’s Kidtopia.
4. Fishing never gets old out here in Keystone. Try out fly fishing along the Snake River with one of the best guides in Keystone. Check out http://thecoloradoangler.com/guide-service/ Great for all ages. Not to sure about the fly fishing in the rivers, no worries with Lake Dillon so close. Rent a pontoon boat and tug along the lake fishing and soaking up the sun. Rent at http://www.bigedsfishing.com/
5. We love the sleigh ride throughout the winter to have a fun dinner and listen to live music. There is also a summer version that you can do. Jump into a wagon like the olden days to get to dinner and then enjoy a Wild West Show and live entertainment with their Chuck Wagon Dinner! SummitCove guests receive a special discount with Two Below Zero.
6. Keystone had some great hiking trails in Keystone or near Keystone with a short drive to. Hiking can be easy to hard depending on what you enjoy or if you have kiddos.
– Tenderfoot Trail: Easy- 2.6 miles
– Oro Grande Trail: Easy- 3.5 miles
– Sapphire Point: Easy- .7 miles one way
– Old Dillon Reservoir Trail: Easy to Moderate- 1.7 miles
– Dercum Hill: Moderate- 7 miles round trip
– Mount Royal trail: Moderate- 4 miles round trip
– Buffalo Mountain: Hard- 5.5 miles
7. Take the lifts up the mountain to have a picnic or to grill out. Great for scenic views up the mountainside at 11.640ft. Fun to ride up the lift or Gondola and then hike down. Make it romantic and have a proposal up there. Awesome views and great way to experience the summer days. Don’t forget your camera! Every Friday you can ride the River Run Gondola for FREE from 1 – 7 pm as part of the Friday Afternoon Club!
8. White water rafting is a great thrilling adventure if you want to go outside your comfort zone. Raft along the Colorado or Arkansa river, choose from a range of class levels with a guide. Can enjoy a half day or full day. Don’t worry about having your camera and losing it, there is a photographer that goes with and takes action shots of your trip for a lifetime of memories. www.performancetours.com
Enjoying the wide open views
9. Mountain biking is a huge hit in the summer months here at Keystone. There are few places here that you can rent bikes and ride them on the mountain. From easy to hard trails, be prepared to get muddy and dirty. Check out Mountain View Sports on trips and rates for your mountain biking fun.
11. Want something more thrilling? Check out ATV tours. Rent an ATV and scale the mountain. Choose morning or afternoon tours. Morning tour includes lunch. Have hours of fun with family or friends. With professional guides to take you through the rugged landscapes and see awesome views.
12. Want to fly over the mountains? Take a hot air balloon ride. This will be a great adventure flying over The Rockies. Pick pine cones from treetops, splash-n-dash in the lakes or rivers, and spot wildlife from above it all!
13. Keystone has Olympic Size Tennis Courts that have had Olympians come from all over to play on the courts. Feel like an Olympian and have a match with your family at the Tennis Courts off Tennis Club Road. Stay in Tennis Townhomes, Quicksilver Condos or Cabin in the Pines to be within walking distance of the Tennis Center!
14. Want to sail through the trees at 11,500 feet in the air? Zip Lining is for you. Fly side by side over deep canyons and creeks with two Certified guides. See old gold mining claims, the tallest mountains in North America, and wildlife. Top of the Rockies Zip Lines will take you on a fun ride and if you are staying with SummitCove Lodging, you’ll receive a special price!
15. Into swimming? SummitCove has alot of great lodging options with awesome outdoor pools. Check out the Springs with the water slide, Expedition Station, Dakota Lodge with views of the mountain, or Lakeside with access to the Lodge and spa. Pools never close out here in Keystone so enjoy summer swimming while staying in Keystone.
Join us this summer for family fun and try out one or all the activities that Keystone has to offer! We hope to see you this Summer!