Any questions regarding this Policy or our data collection practices should be sent by email to [email@example.com] , or by writing to [SummitCove Vacation Rentals, 23310 US Hwy 6 #6, Keystone, Colorado 80435].
Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you when you communicate with us through the Site or social media, when you access the Site, book lodging, use our loyalty program, or when you chat, call or email us. We may also obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties, and from publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information and demographic information (such as zip or postal code and company name), if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information or demographic information in order to read the content portions of the Site.
- Personal Information submitted by you for booking including: name, email, phone number, address, [credit card number or other payment information] and other details necessary to book your stay.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Site, and pages and URLs that visitors view once they leave our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
The Site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third party applications and plugins, such as social media integration, may treat DNT signals differently.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide bookings or other services you request through the Site.
- Process payment for bookings.
- Maintain customer records for use in regular business operations.
- Provide communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Provide communications concerning your bookings and use of lodging services.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests; enable you to communicate with us through social media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the services we offer.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site and social media assets.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer (including your IP address) and your accessing the Site in order to operate, maintain and manage the Site. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Why We Collect Your Data
SummitCove collects and processes your data to provide the services you have requested or purchased, including lodging, and to monitor, evaluate and improve our business and the services we provide. We use your personal information to communicate with you concerning services you have requested or purchased, as well as other services we offer that you may be interested in. Most of the time your data is necessary to fulfill a booking you have made, or to return a communication initiated by you. SummitCove may also have a legitimate interest in processing data to better understand the needs, concerns, and interests of its customers.
Information We Share
We do not share, sell, trade, or license your Personal Information to any unrelated third parties for their marketing use. However, we may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
SummitCove also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of SummitCove or other users of the Site.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of SummitCove.
The Site may use Google Analytics. For more information on how information collected by that service is used, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
The Site may use Facebook Pixel. https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that our Site can send to your browser, which can then be stored on your computer’s hard drive so we can recognize you upon your return to our Site. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Should you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may limit the functionality we can provide during your visit to our Site.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by SummitCove and may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by SummitCove, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
SummitCove maintains appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and the internet generally.
Data Subject Rights. The GDPR provides certain rights to online users located in EU countries, referred to in the regulation as “data subjects.” You may withdraw your consent to processing of your personal information by clicking the Unsubscribe Link at the bottom of this page. If you wish to confirm that SummitCove is processing your Personal Information, or wish to access Personal Information SummitCove may possess about you, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. You may also request information about the purpose of the processing; the categories of Personal Information stored; who outside SummitCove might have received the information; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your Personal Information maintained by SummitCove if it is inaccurate. Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that SummitCove erase that data or cease processing it by emailing email@example.com. You may also request that SummitCove cease using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. When technically feasible, SummitCove will, at your request, provide your Personal Information to you or transmit it directly to another data controller. You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in your country of residence.Data Storage and Retention
Your Personal Information is stored by SummitCove on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services it engages, located in the United States. SummitCove retains data for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with SummitCove, for the purposes indicated in this Policy, or for such other period as may be permitted or required by law, whichever is longest.
California, USA Residents
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of the Site, you can request a copy of this information from SummitCove by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to SummitCove [SummitCove Vacation Rentals, 23310 US Hwy 6 #6, Keystone, Colorado 80435] Attention: Marketing Director. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Updates to our Policy
How to Contact Us