Now that the holidays are over, you should have some time to start planning your family Spring Break ski trip to Keystone, CO!
Why choose Keystone?
Keystone is the top-rated family friendly resort in Colorado and truly caters to families and kids. Keystone Kidtopia is a season-long festival that features daily kids activities and events, with a special March event, the Kidtopia Music Experience. Some of the fun daily events include family game night, arts and crafts, Ice Cream Parties, Village Parades, Kids Yoga and Super Snowy Science and the best part is, almost all of the activities are free. There are also fireworks almost every Saturday night during ski season! Make sure you also plan some time to explore the world’s largest snow fort at the top of Dercum Mountain during your stay.
Keystone is home to some of the best lodging options in the state. Whether you are looking for a spacious luxury ski-in townhome or a smaller, budget-friendly family ski condo, SummitCove Lodging has a rental property that will work for you. We have over 300 vacation rental condos at Keystone Resort, ranging in size and price. Plan a trip with another family and enjoy staying at one of our private homes with all of the amenities you need, like a private hot tub and game table. Or, just bring your immediate family and stay at a River Run Condo to be in the heart of the action and not have to drive anywhere during your stay!
What’s there to do besides skiing and snowboarding?
– Plan a family night at Ready, Paint, Fire and encourage the creative juices to flow. Everyone can paint their own Keystone souvenir to take home and remember the trip.
– Book a winter snowmobiling tour with White Mountain Tours and add in some adventure to your itinerary! There are a variety of tour options available and you’ll love to see the amazing Colorado scenery as you zip through wide open powder fields!
– Spend the afternoon or evening ice skating under the stars. Keystone is home to 2-outdoor ice rinks, so take your pick! You’ll love skating around with the mountains as your backdrop. If you’re new to skating, you’ll love to know they have handy skating assists available so you don’t break your bum!
– Stay inside and enjoy each other’s company. Bring your playing cards and have a rummy tournament or spark up a board game or charades! Many of our vacation properties come equipped with a variety of fun games to play with your family. Make some popcorn and curl up with a good family movie night. Or, teach the kids how to cook as you prepare a gourmet meal.
– Check out a concert. There are tons of great events scheduled during March and most events are for all ages. Head for the Hills and G. Love and the Special Sauce are both scheduled at Keystone’s Warren Station in March.
– Go swimming! Many of the Summit Cove rental properties have pool and hot tub access, so take advantage and take a dip in the pool! Bring some scuba masks and dive for treasures or take turns doing cannonballs. Everyone is sure to have fun at the pool.
– Warm up by the firepit. Stroll the shops and check out the ice sculptures in River Run Village and then warm up at one of the multiple outdoor firepits located throughout the village. While you’re there, have your hand at the life size chess or checkers games!
– Experience a dinner sleigh ride. The Keystone Stables and Two Below Zero are two options for sleigh ride dinners here at Keystone Resort. Book your reservation in advance and enjoy a peaceful sleigh ride under the stars as you head to dinner in a cozy lodge, complete with family-friendly live entertainment!
Be sure you leave some time for skiing or snowboarding during your trip, because March is known to be one of the snowiest months of the year in Colorado. Mix in warm sunny days and big snow storms, you can’t beat the ski conditions during a March stay. SummitCove Lodging is currently offering discounts on Spring stays of 7 or more nights, so take advantage of the savings and book your spring break ski vacation today.