So you are thinking of taking your special someone on a romantic getaway weekend in the mountains. Keystone offers fine dining, plenty of activities, incredible scenery and some beautiful properties to make your stay perfect. Here’s a few tips to make it unforgettable!
1. Call for Help! Our Vacation Planners know our properties inside and out, meaning they can help you find that cozy love nest you know your girlfriend or loved one will love and also give you a great deal. Yes a private jacuzzi in the condo is do-able and of course you need a place that has incredible views. Tell us your story and you will find that we are willing to go the extra mile for you, maybe you can even convince us to have a bottle of champagne waiting in your condo when you arrive.
2. Plan, but don’t over plan. Sure the weekend will require some planning, booking a condo, making dinner reservations, etc. but you don’t want to OVER plan and leave no room for spontaneity. Maybe you decide last minute to stop and hike up that trail you just passed on your bikes or that you want to try horseback riding! Make a few plans, but leave some free time so you have flexibility.
3. What to do? Well every girl (and guy) is different and enjoy different things. Does she love the outdoors? How about a Ride the Pass bike tour down Vail Pass or a hike on Sapphire Point to take in incredible views? Rent a kayak on Lake Dillon or schedule a tee time at the Ranch or River golf courses. Shopping Fanatic? Visit the outlet malls in Silverthorne and she can shop til her hearts content. Other activities unique to the area are gondola rides, renting paddle boats on Keystone Lake, a show at the Lake Dillon Theatre CO, a trip to one of the local breweries or how about a couples massage at Serenity Spa or the Keystone Lodge & Spa. The Lake Dillon Water Taxi offers inexpensive rides on the Lake, perfect to enjoy the water and views. Take a scenic drive up to Loveland Pass or Baldy Mountain in Breckenridge to take in the views. There are also some more traditional activities such as the movie theater or bowling alley.
4. The secret to her heart is through the stomach! Yes, a delicious dinner! Prepare a candlelit dinner in the condo (or even order delivery!) with wine and candles or take her out for a nice, romantic dinner. If you really want to blow her away, take her UP to the top of the mountain by scenic gondola ride to either the Alpenglow Stube or Der Fondue Chessel, where the views are just as amazing as the food. Some other great Keystone restaurants include the Snake River Saloon, Wolf Rock Steakhouse and the Ski Tip Lodge.
5. Surprise her! Sure it might be hard to surprise her with the trip itself, but make a point to add in a surprise or something special over the weekend. Have flowers delivered to the room or pack supplies to make a quick breakfast in bed with fresh fruit, muffins, and mimosas. The gesture can be small but the reaction will be big!
The most important thing is to have fun and stay true to yourself. Don’t stress over making everything perfect… let the beautiful mountain scenery and our amazing staff help you with that and just roll with it. Pick activities that you know you know she will enjoy, but don’t be afraid to try something new either. Keystone is the perfect place to host a romantic mountain getaway! Check out Riverbank Lodge 2903, which features beautiful slate floors, incredible views and a private jacuzzi or Lake Shore 1540 has amazing views of the Lake, both are great choices for a romantic retreat!