If you’re hosting your wedding in Keystone, Colorado your guests are most likely from out of town, and it’s probably fair to call your wedding a “destination wedding.” That being said, there are endless activities in Keystone for your guests to enjoy during their stay. The more they get to experience Keystone in their short stay, the more memorable their experience will be. We recommend picking out a few activities and invite your guests to do them with you! Create an itinerary ahead of time and e-mail it out to your guests. Provide them with all the details, including the meeting time, costs, and where they should make a reservation if applicable.
We’ve compiled 2 Top Ten lists of must-do activities for guests at your Keystone destination wedding, based on the seasons:
1. Let the River Run Gondola take you up 11,640 feet and take in beautiful panoramic views of Lake Dillon, Breckenridge Ski Resort, and surrounding mountains, for free during the Friday Afternoon Club.
2. Explore the expansive Lake Dillon and rent a pontoon boat or kayak at the Dillon or Frisco Marinas.
3. Hike the backcountry areas in Montezuma to experience old mines, ghost towns, wildlife sightings and spectacular views.
4. See live music at one of the many summer concerts and festivals, like the River Run Rocks Concert Series, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour, or the Bluegrass and Beer Festival.
5. Get wet and go whitewater rafting down the Arkansas River, through Brown’s Canyon.
6. Rent a bicycle from Mountain View Sports and take a trip down Vail Pass, with unparalleled views and scenery.
7. Drink the famous and delicious blended Rum Runner on the shores of Lake Dillon at the Tiki Bar.
8. Have a picnic and take in the views at Keystone Lake.
9. Visit one of four local breweries in Summit County, including the Dillon Dam and Pug Ryan’s.
10. Play a round of golf on one of the two world renowned golf courses in Keystone.
1. Enjoy a fine dining experience at altitude by taking a gondola to dinner at either of the on-mountain gourmet restaurants, Der Fondue Chessel or Alpenglow Stube.
2. Experience snow-tubing with friends at Adventure Point.
3. Go ice-skating at the largest, Zamboni maintained ice rink at Keystone Lake.
4. Strap on some snowshoes and explore some of the beautiful Colorado Wilderness on foot.
5. Visit the Silverthorne Outlets to do some serious shopping at great prices.
6. Marvel in chocolate heaven and check out the Chocolate Village at the Keystone Lodge and Spa.
7. Enjoy a beer or hot chocolate in an Adirondack Chair with views at the Summit House or LaBonte’s Cabin.
8. Bring out the kid in you and have a snowball fight at the larger than life Snow Fort on Dercum Mountain.
9. See some live music at the Snake River Saloon, The Goat, or Warren Station.
10. Try winter zip-lining, snowmobiling or dogsledding for a fun adventure.
We think these lists are a good start for first timers visiting Keystone. Use this to put together a Keystone activities itinerary for your guests. SummitCove is always glad to assist you and your guests during both the planning stages and once you arrive in Keystone. We can even create a custom landing page for your Keystone Wedding that includes photos, activity ideas, and itineraries when you sign up for our Wedding Gifts Program. The program offers you and your guests with discounted lodging, unlimited customer service and cash back for the bride and groom.