In an effort to encourage more carpooling and help the environment, the Colorado Department of Transportation is hosting its first ever Mountain Rideshare Day on Saturday, February 7, 2015!
What does this mean for you? DISCOUNTS! …And better parking spots, and did I mention discounts? Get four or more passengers to ride with you to the mountains on Saturday and get some great deals, enjoy fewer cars and traffic out on the road and feel good about doing your part in helping the environment.
This Saturday, February 7th, participating mountain resorts are offering everything from discounted lift tickets to premier parking to food and beverage discounts for carpoolers heading up from the Front Range to ski and ride the slopes! Make a friend or two and head to SkiCarpool.org or I70carpool.com to set up your own carpool or find one to join.
Discounts for Carpoolers this Saturday:
- A-Basin: Discounted lift tickets and better parking spots in the Early Riser parking lot
- Breckenridge: $5.00 discount on parking for carpools with 4 or more people in the vehicle
- Copper: A half price appetizer at Endo’s Adrenaline Cafe, Jack’s Slopeside Grill & Bar or JJ’s Tavern, free parking at the Capel Lot to carpools with four or more licensed drivers, or in the Triple Treat Lot with three or more drivers
- Keystone: Premier parking in the River Run Free lot for carpoolers with four or more people
- Loveland: Discounted adult beverage for Front Range Ski Bus riders
- Winter Park: A half priced appetizer and Coors draft
Front Range Ski Bus is offering a 10% discount on round trip prices PLUS you can get lift ticket discounts at Copper Mountain and Loveland Ski Area! Use the promo code “skibusrideshare” on their website or by calling 720-924-6686 to receive the discount:
Copper Mountain – $65 adult lift ticket
Loveland – $37 adult lift ticket
CME (Colorado Mountain Express) will be giving a 50% discount on shared shuttle rides from both Denver and Front Range locations to both Summit County and Vail/Beaver Creek. Us the promo code “CMERIDESHARE” on their website or by calling 970-754-7433.
Fare for one person each direction to/from Breck, Keystone, Copper, Frisco and Silverthorne is just$16.50! Fare for one person each direction to/from Vail, Beaver Creek, Edwards, Avon will be $21.00. CME’s pick up locations are Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center and the Woolly Mammoth Park and Ride and Morrison Dinosaur Lots.
Stop by the Dinosaur Lots in the morning on Mountain Rideshare Day this Saturday for a chance to win prizes, check your tires and grab some grub at a foodtruck! Pick up a carpooler wristband at the CDOT station to receive your discounts. The wristbands are also available at the resorts. We look forward to seeing you here in Keystone this Saturday!
Written By: Amy Drees