Our family reunion was in Keystone, CO this summer. We booked our lodging with SummitCove Vacations and they did an amazing job with our reservations, keeping us organized and helping us plan activities. One suggestion they made was going on a chuck wagon dinner with Two Below Zero. Not only was this the best suggestion but SummitCove also gave us a coupon for 10% off. Regular price is $69 for ages 13 years-adult, $49 for ages 4-12 years and kids under 3 years are free. This experience was some of the best money we spent on our vacation!
I called Two Below Zero and spoke to a friendly and informative lady. She explained that the Chuck Wagon Rides are about 3 hours and include the wagon ride, dinner and a Wild West Show. She said they also offer vegetarian and gluten-free options at dinner. I was glad I called in-advance because we have a large family and much to my surprise they had room for 35 of us, so I booked our chuck wagon dinner. No one really knew what to expect but everyone was looking forward to it!
Finally, it was vacation time and the night for our Chuck Wagon Dinner with Two Below Zero. We arrived at their office in Frisco and the Cowboys loaded us up on buckboard wagons. The wagons were pulled by large, gentle mules. Our Cowboy drove the mules and guided us through a beautiful forest, with amazing views, to their campsite where we would eat our dinner. It is a good idea to put on sunscreen and bring sunglasses. We also brought light weight jackets for the ride back. The campsite also had a game corral to play in while we waited for dinner. The kids and adults played horse shoes, cowboy golf, corn hole and tried ropin’. None of us were very good at ropin’ but we were all good at eating the fresh, homemade biscuits with honey!
Next a dinner bell was rung and we sat down for dinner. We were served delicious BBQ beef brisket and BBQ chicken. We ate savory cornbread, corn on the cob and delicious beans. For dessert we enjoyed a rustic warm apple cobbler. We also ordered beer and wine for the adults. We had full bellies and the next thing we knew there was a bunch of hootin’ and hollerin’ and the Wild West Show began!
From the youngest member of our family (3 years old) to the oldest member of our family (77 years old) we were delighted by The Jackman Brother’s hilarious play! It is a comic act with the Sheriff chasing “the bad guy”. These brothers perform amazing stunts and involved the audience. My daughter and nephew were picked to participate for part of the act and it was a highlight for the entire family!
Before you know it the sun is going down behind the mountains and it is time to get back on the wagons and return. We watched an amazing sunset and then the stars started to slowly pop out. Everyone is smiling from ear to ear. We talk, laugh and cuddle our kids on the way back. At the end we thank our Cowboy guide and tip him kindly. He told us jokes, stories and gave us cool information about the area.
We get back to our cars and we realize that for the past 3 hours we were not in 2019, were back in the Wild West with the beauty of the Rocky Mountains all around us. It was an experience our family will never forget and one of the highlights of our family reunion. We live an hour away and plan to come back with friends and anyone who comes to visit us. Two Below Zero does an amazing job and we can’t wait to come back and share the experience with more people!
Keystone Resort is the perfect place to host a destination family reunion or group function, featuring unforgettable scenery, endless activities, and perfect summer weather. Colorado gets on average 300 days of sunshine a year and summer temperatures tend to hover around 70 degrees, making it the perfect escape from the hot and humid summer weather in other areas of the country. It is also just 90 minutes from the Denver International Airport, making it very accessible for all of your family or group members. Summer activities like whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, scenic gondola rides, golf, and boating offer something for everyone. Other activities include shopping, dining and visiting summer events and festivals such as the Dillon Farmer’s Market and Bluegrass and Beer Festival. There are also TONS of accommodation options that will fit any size group and budget, from studio condos, multi-bedroom townhomes up to large private homes. SummitCove also offers discounted lodging for your whole group and cash back to the reunion organizer when you sign up for our Rocky Mountains Reunions Program. Here is our list of the top 5 properties to host your Family or Group Reunion this summer.
1. Keystone Prospector’s Home#669 This lavish and recently built private home in Keystone offers rustic luxury in the mountains with modern conveniences. This beautiful residence features high end appliances, heated garage, beautiful exposed beams, original artwork, outdoor hot tub, multiple wet bars, and numerous living areas, perfect for playing charades or hosting a cocktail hour. This private home is perfect for a large gathering of 2 or 3 families, as it sleeps up to 16 people in beds and even has side by side bunk rooms, perfect for the kids! There is plenty of seating available in the dining area and the huge gourmet kitchen will allow you to prepare meals for your entire group without breaking a sweat. This home has a large outdoor patio and a top of the line gas grill, because what is a reunion without a barbeque and good home cooking! The superior quality, spacious and luxurious interior and convenient location of this home make it the perfect place to host your family for your next reunion! The only problem you will have is getting everyone to leave at the end of your vacation!
2. The Springs Condominiums The Springs Condos are perfect for a large group that has multiple families, and especially those with kids! SummitCove Vacation Lodging manages over 18 properties in this building, ranging from studios up to 3 and 4 bedrooms, meaning everyone can have their own space in individual condos, while still enjoying the convenience of being in the same building and taking advantage of the amazing amenities. The location can’t be beat as you are just steps away from the Keystone Gondola and the shops, restaurants, and activities hosted at River Run Village. The Springs boasts some of the best common area features in the entire resort, including a beautifully landscape outdoor area with large heated swimming pool and waterslide, multiple hot tubs, numerous outdoor grills, gazebo and eating spaces. Inside is a stone fireplace, pool table, steam room, fitness facility, theater room and children’s play area complete with toys and a kids playhouse! Your family will have a blast staying at The Springs.
3. Goldenrod Home #7 This 5 bedroom, 5 bath private home is located in the Keystone Ranch area at Keystone and is just minutes from the Keystone Ranch Golf Course and Restaurant. This beautiful home embraces luxury, with large spacious rooms, a gourmet kitchen, spectacular views, private hot tub, multiple living areas and 2 stone fireplaces. There will be plenty of room for everyone to spread out here and enjoy each others company. The kitchen is a chef’s dream with a gas range, large refrigerator and dual ovens, along with ample counter space for easy food preparation. It also features a mini fridge, two sinks, and two dishwashers as well as a pull out broiler, making cooking for your group a total breeze. There is also a large patio with barbecue grill for dinner or cocktails outside on a warm summer afternoon. This home even has a Nintendo Wii in the den area, fun for the whole family, especially those kids who can’t seem to put down their electronics! This spacious home has a large yard and is close to hiking, biking, golf, and even ATV off-roading areas.
4. Settler’s Creek Townhomes Tucked away in East Keystone, Settler’s Creek Townhomes make you feel like you are in your own little world, yet you are just less than a mile from the resort. These beautiful townhomes are one of Keystone’s most recent lodging additions and are backed up to the woods on a hill with beautiful mountain views and you have fishing, bike paths and hiking trails just outside your door. These comfortable properties vary in size from 2 to 4 bedrooms, accommodating any size family.These multi-story residences are luxurious and modern and will make you feel right at home. Most of the units include gas fireplaces, spacious master suites, new appliances, fantastic views and some have garages as well. Settler’s Creek has a spectacular common area in the middle of the ‘block’ with a heated pool, 2 hot tubs, barbecue grill and the popular ‘Minnie’s Cabin’, which is a meeting place that includes a kitchen area, fireplace, pool table and additional seating. It’s a great place to host a barbecue or pool party in the summertime. You will not be disappointed with these wonderful townhomes in Keystone.
5. Keystone Gulch Estate #1688 and Flying Dutchman Condos Keystone Gulch Estate is located less than a quarter of a mile down the road from Flying Dutchman condos, in the West Keystone area. You can use the home to sleep some of your group and host group functions and then have additional people in your party stay at the Flying Dutchman condos. Keystone Gulch Estate is a large home that sleeps 12 and has some great amenities including a private hot tub room, large vaulted ceilings, exposed wood beams, heated garage, Foosball table, and a huge master suite. Just a short walk or drive down the road takes you to Flying Dutchman condos, which all vary in size, but work perfectly for extra accommodations if you have a group larger than 12. The grounds at Flying Dutchman are beautifully landscaped in the summertime with luscious green fields of grass, beautiful flowers, a large heated outdoor pool, and even a sand volleyball court to host a friendly tournament! These properties are both near the Keystone Stables, golf courses in Keystone and just minutes from the Mountain House base area.
Stop thinking about a reunion and start planning one this summer in Keystone! SummitCove Vacation Lodging will provide you with a dedicated Vacation Planner who can help you with all of the details along the way, making the process painless. They can even offer suggestions and help on activities, event planning, and dates in addition to finding you the perfect accommodations. You will receive discounted lodging for your entire group, plus the reunion organizer has an added incentive; receiving 5% cash back from every reservation made in the group when you sign up for our Rocky Mountain Reunions Program. You can use this extra money to host the big barbecue, pay for activities, or even to pay for your own lodging! It’s a great deal and everyone is sure to have a wonderful time visiting Keystone.Call us today for more details!
Planning a winter ski vacation or summer group adventure to Keystone can sometimes mean planning for a large group of people. Whether you plan to be traveling with friends, neighbors or extended family, it can make for the vacation of a lifetime, but it also requires some extra planning and work. There are many great things about traveling with a large group, and one of the most important is that it can help you to save money! Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you begin planning your vacation to Keystone Resort.
1. Pick Group Leaders Choosing a main point of contact person for your group is important! This allows you to stay organized, keeping all of your research and information in one place, avoids duplicate inquiries and just saves time overall. Next, create a list of components that need to be handled- for example, lift ticket prices, lodging research, activities, transportation and airline pricing, and then appoint one person to be responsible for each of those categories.
2. Set Your Budgets, Flexibility, Must-Haves, and Would Be Nice List Are your dates flexible by a day or two or are they set in stone? Does your group HAVE to have a private hot tub in the property? What is the maximum amount people are willing to spend? Do you want to all be together in a private home or is it ok to split up into multiple condos in the same building? Come up with a list of questions and answers and set some guidelines regarding everyone’s budgets and flexibility. This will help the group leader immensely when they are presented with alternative options while researching. Being flexible can often save money, but it can be hard if the group hasn’t set any standards up front.
3. Ask for a Group Discount Once you have all of the details worked out, go ahead and hone in what you what and try to get the best deal. While it is not always possible and may depend on how big your group is, it is certainly worth it for you to ask for a group discount. At SummitCove Lodging in Keystone, we offer various specials and discounts, especially for large groups. We even have some programs that offer the group organizer cash back based on the number of reservations! Be sure to tell your Vacation Planner exactly what you are looking for, and make sure that you understand all of the options available to accommodate your group. Discounts can also be applied in other areas of your travel other than lodging. Contact the resort’s ticket office for information about group lift tickets. A group of people can give the resort an opportunity to sell meals, drinks, lessons, and gear, so it is almost always to their advantage (and yours) to accommodate group pricing.
4. Get Booked! Think about giving the group contact person the OK to book ahead of time if they find a great deal or the perfect property. The process can be slow if you are going back and forth between multiple people and while you are wasting time conferring, someone else might book your perfect property! If you are nervous about giving anyone the final say without agreeing to it first, it may be helpful to set a final ‘research’ deadline for everyone and then hold a meeting to discuss the various options and make the final decisions together. Don’t wait too long though, great properties book fast!
Once all of the planning is done, relax and look forward to the amazing trip and memories that await. Imagine a day of fresh champagne powder followed by a relaxing soak in the hot tub under the mountain stars with your closest friends or family! If you have any questions or would like help planning your next group vacation in Keystone, contact a SummitCove Group Vacation Coordinator today!