Have you gotten enough relaxation this summer? Had any fun in the sun? Enjoyed a little down time on a waterslide?! Head to Keystone and stay at the Springs to enjoy one of the best pools at the whole resort! The Springs Pool area is truly a mountain paradise with lush greenery, rock landscaping and mountain views!
SummitCove has a number of vacation rental properties available for rent at The Springs, ranging from studios, one-, two- and three- bedroom condos. Enjoy all of the great amenities at The Springs when you visit Keystone this summer!
Keystone is known for its snowy ski slopes but it’s also gaining recognition for its fun in the sun summer activities! A perfect summer’s day is waiting for you at Keystone Resort, so take advantage of the last few weeks of summer with a trip to the mountains. Picture yourself waking up in the morning and starting your day along the beautiful winding paved bike path at Keystone. Rent your bikes from Mountain View Sports and ride from the River Run village to Lakeside Village for a mellow morning wake up with some incredible scenery. Then, grab the family and stop by the New Moon Cafe in River Run village to grab a hot cup of coffee and one of their delicious breakfast burritos.
After breakfast, stroll over to the gondola with some packed lunches and load the family up to take a scenic ride up to the mountain to Dercum Mountain. Stop at the top and take a memorable photo with your loved ones and stop at a bench to eat your packed lunch while taking in the 360 degree views! After lunch, start on your hike, we recommend the 3.5 mile Schoolmarm Hiking Trail. This family-friendly hike offers beautiful mountain vistas, a flat grassy path to walk on and plenty of bird-watching opportunities. End your hike all the way back down in River Run Village, get cleaned up and take the whole family out to dinner at Zuma Roadhouse. Zuma Roadhouse is known for it’s mountain-chic decor, their delicious high quality meats and well-composed dishes. My favorite is their Zuma Jam burger with the lemon-parm kale on the side. Get world-class fare without ever having to leave the village!
From there, go back to your SummitCove condo, put your swim-suits on and watch the sunset from the hot tub. There is nothing more relaxing than staring up and watching the stars emerge from the pink clouds over the mountains. Once you have had your fun in the hot tub or pool, take the family back inside for some board games and relaxation before bed! Stand out on the balcony and gaze at the stars before laying down to get rest for your next action-packed day.
It’s not too late for that last summer family vacation in the mountains. SummitCove Lodging is currently offering 25% off summer lodging at select vacation rentals throughout the Keystone Resort area. Our rental properties will feel like a home away from home, with much more space than a hotel room. You’ll love having a full kitchen, fully stocked with everything you need for a great meal or preparing snacks. Enjoy the spacious living areas and amenities like garage parking, hot tubs, a balcony and heated pool. Choose the condo that you love based on photos, videos, reviews, amenities and more. We have 24 / 7 guest services available to you during your stay. As a bonus, every summer guest receives a coupon for a free 2-hour bike rental from Mountain View Sports! Don’t let summer slip away – book a summer vacation before the snow starts to fall.
Come relax in Keystone this weekend and take part in some fun family activities. Keystone has great events going on all weekend and many of them are free to participate in. On Friday, head over to Kidtopia on the main floor of Expedition Station in River Run to participate in free face painting and crafting from 12 – 3pm. While you’re over there, rent a few putters and play mini golf in the square! After you grab lunch nearby (New Moon Cafe offers some great kids lunches!) take a dip in the pool at your River Run condo and relax in the sunshine!
Up next you can head to Friday Afternoon Club for some more free fun. Grab a ticket for your free gondola ride and head to the top of Dercum Mountain. Live music from Dam-Na-Tion, Zuma Road or Funky Johnson can be enjoyed as you relax in an Adirondack chair taking in the views or while you play a fun game of ladder golf or cornhole enjoying a happy hour beverage.
Saturday morning start the day off with the one and only Mountain Top Yoga. Take in the best views in the county during this hour long class, starting at 10:30 for $45 (this includes the lift ride up). And you won’t have to leave River Run to enjoy Frontier Day with the whole family! Step back into the days of the Wild West with western music and line dancing, mechanical bull rides and old timey photos, and more! Ride a pony or learn how to rope up a calf! It’s all happening in the main events plaza from 11am – 3pm. Restaurants will also be serving up western themed food and drink specials to enjoy at Frontier Day.
Children 5 and under can participate in the Strider Balance Bike Race Series at 10 am in River Run Sunday morning (registration starts at 9 am). Strider bikes are available with a free rental and prizes are awarded to top finishers! And to really start your morning off on the right foot, join the guide at the top of Dercom Mountain for a guided hike with a bit of history with a Mountain Top History Walk! Starting at 11am or 1pm, this one hour moderate hike will give you a history of the mountain and mining culture.
Book a one bedroom condo with SummitCove Lodging, such as the featured property pictured on the left, Buffalo Lodge 8381, for Friday and Saturday night in River Run Village, starting at just $265 total for two nights, including all taxes and fees. Save even more on your last minute getaway by preparing dinners at the condo and packing picnic lunches that you can enjoy on a wildflower hike or sitting in the sun down by the Snake River. There are just a few more weeks to enjoy a summer mountain vacation at Keystone!
Once the snow melts, Keystone turns into the ultimate outdoor playground. There are hundreds of trails to explore, a fun lake, incredible scenery, two golf courses, a killer bike park and tons of fun activities to try. There are so many great summer events including two Keystone Restaurant Weeks, six unique summer festivals, bike races, Kidtopia Kidzfest, Frontier Day, Chalk Art & Chocolate Day and lots of weekly family events such as Kids Discovery Days, Wild West Nights and more. Keystone is the place to spend your summer family vacation or to enjoy a mountain getaway weekend. Check out our top 10 reasons to start planning your Keystone Summer Getaway!
1. Scenery Like No Other Head up to the top of Dercum Mountain via the River Run Gondola or Summit Express chair lift and you will be amazed at the scenery once you arrive at the top. At 12,408 feet, the incredible views of Lake Dillon, North Peak, Buffalo Mountain, Breckenridge, and the Continental Divide will take your breath away. There are tons of hiking trails to explore at the top and you can also choose to hike back down to the bottom.
2. One of the Best Bike Parks in the Country Keystone is known for it’s downhilling and with everything from greens to blues to blacks, there is a trail for every rider and ability level. There are also more than 100 miles of single track at Keystone so you’ll never get bored with the same trail!Not into the dirt? Check out the paved bike path for a smoother, more predictable ride. The path runs through every town in Summit County, so let your pedals take you on an adventure!
3. Festivals & Events for Every Personality Keystone is home to 6 unique summer festivals that really do have something for everyone. From bacon to wine to beer to music to Colorado cuisine, there is surely a festival designed just for you! All summer festivals are family friendly with just as many activities slated for the kids as the adults. Don’t miss the 20th Anniversary of the Bluegrass & Beer Festival this August!
4. The Most Kid-Friendly Resort Around Keystone is home to Kidtopia, which is a season long festival for kids. Daily activities such as Wild West Nights, Kite Flying, Gold Panning, Face Painting, Discovery Days and more will keep the kids busy and having the time of their lives!
5. Summer Savings When you stay with SummitCove Vacation Lodging, you’ll receive exclusive guest discounts on all sorts of summer activities including whitewater rafting, bike rentals, summer tours, fishing, golfing and more! Lock in the savings and enjoy a summer vacation that won’t break the bank.
6. Big Fun at the Adventure Center One of the best spots to be in Keystone during the summertime is at the Lake! Rent paddleboats, stand up paddle boards and kayaks and cruise around the lake, or feed the huge fish! Checkout their ‘Sunday Funday’ with happy hour specials on rentals from 2 pm – 5 pm on Sundays.
7. Great Places to Eat Whether you are looking for a fun summer patio for lunch or happy hour or a fancier evening dining experience, Keystone has an array of amazing restaurants to choose from. Some of our favorites include the Snake River Saloon, the New Moon Cafe, Zuma Roadhouse and the Bighorn Bistro. Come in early June and be apart of ‘Keystone Restaurant Week’ which offers tons of great deals, culinary specials, wine pairings and more at restaurants all over Keystone to kickoff the summer season.
8. Dillon Summer Concerts are Just 10 Minutes Away Free live music every Friday and Saturday night all summer long at one of the most beautiful venues in Colorado, the Dillon Amphitheatre! Enjoy a show parked on a blanket under the stars as you overlook the Lake Dillon Reservoir with the beautiful Rocky Mountains in the backdrop.Stop at the Arapahoe Cafe for dinner and a cold one before the show!
9. Hundreds of Miles of Trails to Explore By Foot or Bike There are endless choices for trails in Keystone and Summit County. Walk to waterfalls, mining ruins, mountain vistas, along rivers… the possibilities are endless! Many condos in Keystone have trails right outside the back door!
10. Friday Afternoon Club There’s no better way to spend a Friday Afternoon than in Keystone. Enjoy FREE gondola rides to the top of Dercum Mountain and then enjoy live music, food and drink specials and tons of fun yard games like cornhole, slacklining and horseshoes. Stay for sunset or go on an afternoon hike. Did we mention it’s FREE!?
Summer is here in Keystone and the wildflowers are looking spectacular this season! Huge, late-season spring snowstorms brought plenty of moisture to the high country, offering up the perfect conditions for the wildflowers to prosper and overtake the hillsides! Red paintbrushes, Lupines, Columbines, Wild Roses, Fireweeds and more are some of the most common Colorado Wildflowers.
Check out our Top 5 Favorite Ways to View the Wildflowers This Summer! Don’t forget to bring your camera!
1. Ride the River Run Gondola to the top of Keystone’s Dercum Mountain and hike around the many trails above 11,000 feet! Schoolmarm is a great family hike.
2. Climb 1 of Colorado’s 58 ‘fourteeners’, a peak that reaches higher than 14,000 feet! Grays and Torreys Peaks out of Bakerville or Quandary Peak in Breckenridge are both great intermediate 14’er hikes to start with! Begin your hike early morning to beat any afternoon showers.
3. Hike to Shelf Lake in Montezuma, a beautiful trail that leads to a mountain lake, with plenty of wildflowers along the way!
Wednesday is the last day to save big on summer stays with our Escape the Heat sale! Take 35% Off stays of 3 nights or more! Looking for a property with an awesome outdoor pool? Check out The Springs,Settler’s Creek or Soda Springs!
1. Think like a kid. Kids love adventures! When you are choosing a trail, think like a kid. Pick out one that has multiple features along the way- not just the grand finale at the end. Trails that follow a stream or pond, come across a meadow or have spectacular view are good choices. Many hiking trails in Keystone and Summit County feature old cabins or mining town remains- perfect to pair with a fun story about ‘history’ and the wild west!
2. Wander-ing is Fun! Kids are bound to take the path ‘less traveled’ by exploring as they go. Remember they might not always be pushing for ‘the end’ the same way adults do. Plan for distractions and diversions along the way and don’t be disappointed if you don’t always reach the end of the trail! The fun is in the journey, not always just the destination!
3. Assign a Guide.Your kids will love being the hike leader! Make a quick copy of the map of the trail and let them hang on to it and draw on if they want. Have them point out places they want to go and lead the way! Be on the lookout for animals and artifacts such as interesting stones, fossils, and wildflowers! Bring an inexpensive pair of binoculars and other fun toys like bug nets, whistles and a compass to enhance their fun. Follow their lead and have fun along the way!
4. Capture the Moment! Kids love being the center of attention- photograph them along the way with things they’ve found or next to that awesome lake- you’ll love the memories and they’ll love posing for the camera!
5. Always Be Prepared. You never know what will happen in the woods! Always make sure everyone has appropriate shoes, clothing, rain jackets, sunscreen, hats, food and water. Bring lots of snacks like nuts, string cheese, dried fruits, gummy candies, and M&M’s and let kids eat them as they please. It’s always a good idea to carry a basic first aid kit with neosporin, band-aids, etc. in case of emergencies. Don’t forget to bring a map or a GPS unit so you don’t get lost and a cell phone if you have one.
You will find that your family will love the beautiful scenery and the abundance of hiking trails here at Keystone Resort. Come prepared and everyone will have a great time enjoying the great outdoors! There are still 3 weeks left before school starts- meaning there is still time for a quick family getaway!!
Start the weekend off right with Keystone Resort’s Friday Afternoon Club! Head up to the Summit House, via the River Run Gondola to enjoy an evening of live music, drink and food specials and activities including horseshoes, corn hole, ladder ball, bocce ball and more! Enjoy the spectacular views from an Adirondack chair or take a scenic nature hike. Free live music will feature a variety of bands throughout the summer. All activities are free and can be checked out through the Overlook Grill. Foot passenger rides on the gondola are FREE on Fridays from 3pm- close. This afternoon features music from The Luv Brothers, a Summit-County based band, playing not only high energy bluegrass country originals, but also a mix of cover songs which they put their own unique spin on.
Free parking is available at the River Run Lot, located off of Highway 6 East on Gondola Road.
DATES OF FEATURED LIVE MUSIC AT FAC IN KEYSTONE July 27- Luv Brothers August 3- Funky Johnson August 10- Levi August 17- Chancer’s Hooley August 24- Luv Brothers August 31- Luv Brothers
Also tonight and tomorrow night in Keystone, catch UMconcious playing live at the Snake River Saloon. The band brings a fusion of live hip-hop, jazz and funk, based from Denver, and won the Westword Magazine’s ‘Best Hip-Hop Band in Colorado’ award in 2008. Small cover charge at the door.
Mountain biking season at Keystone Resort is just around the corner! Keystone’s Park is nationally acclaimed as one of the best in the nation, including features like the Drop Zone, rock gardens, high-speed areas, daily terrain updates, not to mention some easier blue and green runs for those looking for a more laid-back downhill ride.
If you’ve never tried mountain biking, Keystone is a great place to learn. One major advantage of riding at the resort versus other trails around the county is the bike haul system. The lift will take you and your bike up to the top of Dercum Mountain, where you will be 11,640 feet in altitude and immediately hit by the amazing, panoramic views of surrounding mountains and Lake Dillon. The green hillsides make for a beautiful summer afternoon. Choose from miles and miles of varying trails that range from kid-friendly, beginner runs all the way up to extreme 22 foot drops and double black diamond trails that require full padding. Downhill mountain bike rentals are available throughout the River Run Village area.
Head to the park on the weekends and enjoy a beer, some food and live music at the Summit House, staying open until 7pm most Fridays and Saturdays. Here you can participate in FREE activities like horseshoes, bocce ball and ladder ball. The Friday Afternoon Club happens every Friday starting June 15 through August 31 and after 4pm, gondola rides to the top are free. (Does not include bike haul).
The Keystone Bike Park is set to open for the summer on June 15, 2012. Season Passes for the park are available, along with multi and single day options, with pricing as follows:
1 Run: $23 Adults, $11 for Children (Ages 5-12) 1-Day Pass: $37 Adults, $21 for Children 2-Day Pass: $70 Adults, $38 for Children 3-Day Pass: $96 Adults, $48 for Children
Season Passes: Keystone Only Unlimited: $299 Keystone Only Unlimited with Winter Season Pass: $249 Keystone Only 5-Pack (Must purchase by 6/30): $139
Typical hours for the the bike park will be from 10am to 7 pm on weekends, and 10am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Keystone Resort has plenty of summer activities to keep you and your family busy. Take a look below at returning favorites and recurring activities as you plan out your summer vacation to Keystone, Colorado!
Friday Afternoon Club: Beginning on June 15th, this fun activity is scheduled for Fridays throughout the summer months! Enjoy free activities at the Summit House including horseshoes, bocce ball and ladder ball. Enjoy live music and food and drink specials throughout the afternoon. You can access the activities by taking the scenic gondola ride from River Run Village. Tickets for the gondola will be available at the River Run ticket office, and they will be FREE on Fridays from 4 pm to close.
Kids Discovery Days: Explore the fun at the Kids Discovery Day every Tuesday at Keystone. The entertainer changes each week, and this fun event will run from June 15th through August 14th. The first week will open up with animals featured from the Denver Zoo. This event is FREE! Discovery Days includes a bounce house and alternating each week, either 2 face painters or 2 balloon artists. Lines close at 12:30pm. Performer will be from 11am – 11:45am.
Storytelling with Redtail the Mountain Man and Bambi the Donkey: New to River Run Village this year is free storytelling with a Colorado legend, the Mountain Man, who will be accompanied by his furry friend, Bambi. Enjoy free face painting during this great event for younger kids!
River Run Rocks Concert Series: Kicking off on July 7th with The Six Million Dollar Band, the River Run Rocks Concert Series will be back for the summer. Set right in the River Run Village Plaza, the series features food and drink specials, plus prime seating on the decks of Wolf Rock, 9280’ TapHouse and Luigi’s.