Mountain View Sports re-opens for the summer on May 27th, and they are ready to show you how to experience Summit County on a bike. Vail Pass Bike Trips are available for anyone from beginners to advanced cyclists. You can choose your own trip based on your ability and fitness level. Reservations are required, and trips will depart at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. Call 970-468-0396 or 800-530-3836 to reserve or get more information, plus rates for bike rentals!
This trip is perfect for families and folks that just want spectacular views and not much peddling. Most participates in this trip will stop at Copper Mountain and take a scenic chairlift ride, play miniature golf, scale the rock climbing wall, ride go-carts, visit shops in the village, have a picnic, or have lunch at a local café. When finished at Copper the rider travels down to Frisco through the incredible Ten Mile Canyon on paved trail. Along this stretch of the trail the rider can stop and sit by one of the many beautiful mountain lakes, lounge by the stream, or visit an old mine. Once in Frisco you can also shop and dine. It is up to you.
- 12 miles mostly coasting.
- Ride time 1 hour 10 minutes on average. Most riders plan on 4 to 6 hours to do other activities along the way.
- Shuttle Cost is $29 adults, $16 kids 12 or under. Children 3 or under are eligible for transportation at no charge with a trailer rental. This option includes transportation from Mountain View Sports in Keystone to the top of Vail Pass and return transportation from Frisco to Mountain View Sports in Keystone.
This trip includes all portions from the above bike trip, plus an extra 7 miles of easy/moderate peddling through the Town of Frisco to the Town of Dillon. This trip enables the rider to explore the Historic Town of Frisco and its many shops and eateries. Plus the rider enjoys the beautiful portions of the bike path that meander along the shores of beautiful Lake Dillon.If you bike occasionally this is a great trip.
- 12 miles mostly coasting plus 7 miles of peddling
- Ride time 2 hours 15 minutes on average. Most riders plan on 4 hours to do other activities along the way. More ride time less playtime.
- Shuttle Cost – $25 adults,$12 kids 12 or under.
Moderate to Advanced Trip
This trip includes all portions of each of the above trips, plus an extra 6 miles of low grade paved trail climbing from the Town of Dillon along the east shores of lake Dillon, ending with a wooded accent by the Snake River into the Keystone Village and beyond to Mountain View Sports in Keystone. This trip is geared for riders that want a bit of a work out and longer time on the bike. The section of paved trail from Dillon to Keystone is gorgeous. Once riders enter the woods along the Snake River most think the climbs are well worth it.
- 12 miles mostly coasting plus 13 miles of peddling
- Ride time 3 hours 30 minutes on average. Most riders plan on 4 hours to do other activities along the way. More ride time less playtime.
- Shuttle Cost – $19 adults $10 kids 12 or under.