1. Book As Early As Possible. Lots of places offer incentives for booking early, including SummmitCove.com Lodging. Before the season starts, look for early booking sales to save as much as 40% on lodging. Many sales require you to act fast, so start planning your dates as early as you can so you will be ready to book once you see a great sale. It also ensures you will have the best selection of properties to choose from!
Currently SummitCove is holding a 72-Hour Thanksgiving and Early Season sale that offers 30% off stays of 3 nights or more and as an added bonus, we'll buy your first day of your adult ski rental from Mountain View Sports! Sale ends tonight, 11/10/12. See page for all of the details. We also have a daily 'Deal of the Day' in which we offer an amazing discount for a specific property or time period, good for 1 day only!
2. Visit During Off-Peak Times and Weekdays. Keystone Resort is already open at the beginning of November and closing day isn't until April 7th, meaning you have a huge window of dates to pick from. In general, prices at ski resorts are the highest during the snowier months and also during school breaks and holidays, such as Christmas and President's Day Weekend. Weekdays are another good bet, as lift tickets are usually less expensive and middle of the week skiing typically means fewer crowds, shorter lift lines, and smaller group sizes during lessons. Keystone is also a great bet for early season skiing, as we have unbelievable snow-making capabilities in case Mother Nature doesn't deliver; you won't have to worry about the snow.
3. Join Mailing Lists. Sign up for all the newsletters and mailing lists you can. Typically companies will send their subscribers 'exclusive' deals that aren't available to just anyone!
4. Get Your Grade-schooler a Passport. If you live in Colorado, your 5th and 6th graders are eligible for a 'passport' which offers free or discounted skiing to students. You can apply online or through the mail and must provide proof of their current school grade. Colorado has both 5th and 6th grade passports.
5. Keep an Eye Out for Deal Sites. Check Liftopia, Discount Lift Tickets, GetSkiTickets.com and SkiCoupons.com for ways to save on lift tickets at resorts all over Colorado. If you don't see the resort you want, it's still a good idea to buy your tickets in advance online instead of at the ticket window. Keystone sells multi-day tickets online, ski 2 of 3 days, 4 of 6, etc. which will save you money when purchased in advance.
6. Save on Your Equipment Rentals. All SummitCove.com guests receive discounts on equipment rentals from both Mountain View Sports and Door 2 Door Delivery with Christy Sports. Be sure to look for your discount codes in your confirmation e-mails and Key to Keystone Coupon Books! Don't forget to make a reservation for your rentals, sometimes rental shops can run out of equipment during the busy season.
7. Check the Grocery Store & Ski Shops for Tickets. Some supermarkets and local ski shops in Summit County and Denver area sell lift tickets for up to $10 per day less than what you'd pay at the ticket window. That's a savings of $40 per day for a family of four!
8. Download the Key to Keystone Coupon Book
In mid to late November, all future SummitCove guests will have access to an electronic version of our Key to Keystone coupon book which offers deals from all sorts of restaurants, activities, and shops around Keystone and Summit County. Look for deals on ski rentals, snowmobiling, ziplining, dining, drinks, massages, and more! You also receive a hard copy book of the savings when you arrive in Keystone.