So you’ve booked your trip to Keystone for the holidays, now it’s time to plan what to do while you’re here! Keystone will be running in full force over the holidays, with plenty of activities to keep you busy. Many restaurants will be offering special Christmas menus and most will be open during normal hours of operations over the holiday season. You’ll be able to participate in all of our winter sports, as well as fun holiday events and shopping.
- Meet Santa: Children will have the opportunity to meet Santa every weekend in December and throughout the week of Christmas, from about 1 – 5 pm in both River Run and Lakeside Village. To see the daily hours and locations to Meet Santa click here.
- Chocolate Village: Keystone’s signature ‘Chocolate Alpine Village’ will be up and running for 24 hour viewing December 19 – January 3 in the Keystone Lodge. The village is made up of over 8,000 pounds of chocolate, complete with trains, waterfalls and a running Gondola, among other attractions and is amazing and fun to see in person.
- Riperoo’s Village Parade: Every Saturday at 4pm Keystone’s mascot, Riperoo, leads a parade around River Run with keystone employees, performers, along with a horse drawn carriage. The parade ends at Dercum Square Ice Rink where attendees are treated to complimentary hot cocoa and cookies.
- Keystone Kidtopia: Throughout the winter season, Keystone hosts Kidtopia, a series of events designed for kids. Everyday there are new activities such as, fort building, cookie hour, a parade and meet the avalanche dogs. This also includes the infamous Snowfort at the top of Dercum Mountain which is free to explore during regular mountain hours.
- Fireworks: Every Saturday Night from December 13 – April 12 at 7pm, Keystone Resort shoots fireworks over River Run. These fireworks can be seen all around Keystone and are a festive end to a day on the slopes.
- Sleigh Rides: Nothing screams ‘Holidays’ more than cozying up with your loved ones for a snowy sleigh ride on a starlit winter’s night. Prices are $30 for adults and $20 for kids and includes hot apple cider on your ride. There is also an option to enjoy dinner and a sleigh ride, call 800-354-4386 to make reservations.
- Snow Tubing: Atop Dercum Mountain Keystone offers downhill snow tubing. Snow tubing is also available at the Frisco Adventure Park which is just a 15 minute drive from Keystone and they offer SummitCove guests a discount in the Key to Keystone book. Reservations are recommended at either location.
- Ice Skating: Keystone is well-known for their huge outdoor rink located at Keystone Lake in Lakeside Village. This rink is the largest Zamboni-maintained rink in North America and is sure to be fun for the family. There is also a smaller outdoor rink in River Run, located in between Expedition Station and Buffalo Lodge. Bring your own skates to skate free!
- Family Brunch: Take advantage of the Bighorn Bistro & Bar’s family brunch, offered every Sunday in December. Parents can enjoy a mimosa with their meal in the main room, while the kids play games, make crafts and watch movies during their own special kids themed brunch in the Littlehorn room. Cost is $24.95 for adults and $12.95 for children.
- Ski Tip Ranch and Keystone Ranch will be serving a Christmas Dinner menu for $75 and $65, respectively. The Alpenglow, Der Fondue Chessel, and Bighorn Bistro & Bar will also be serving a special menu on Christmas day. For reservations, call (970) 396 – 4FUN.
- Snake River Saloon: Enjoy a great holiday meal and then spend the rest of the night dancing the night away to live music in the saloon! The Snake River Saloon is located next door to the Gateway Lodge in the Mountain House village.
- Eminence Ensemble 5th Annual Holiday Party:Eminence Ensemble will be rocking Warren Station at Keystone with a Holiday party on December 27th at 7pm, purchase tickets here.
- Christmas Trees: Summit Home Services, 970-485-2150, can provide a completely decorated tree, set up at your condo for the day you arrive. After you depart, they will take it down and clean up for you. These Christmas tree set ups start at $325 can be ordered online.
- Christmas Trees can also be purchased at Lowes in Silverthorne; 5-6 foot trees start at $29. City Market, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, and True Value carry trees as well.
- Outlet Malls in Silverthorne: Shop at brand name stores like Nike, Pacific Sunwear, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Bath and Bodyworks, and more at discounted prices. Find those last minute or hard to shop gifts here!
- River Run Merchants: The shops in River Run Village have a wide assortment of ski gear, clothing, Keystone souvenirs, and more to pick up last minute gifts or to send off to loved ones who couldn’t make the trip with you!