- Purchase your season pass Don't wait any longer - purchase your season pass today! If you plan on skiing at least 3 times this year, you might want to consider purchasing a season pass. There are many different pass options available and it is important to pay attention to their blackout dates. Some passes are blacked out during the holidays, so make sure you are covered for the dates you plan to be in the mountains. The lowest priced option is the Keystone-Arapahoe Basin Pass, which is currently going for $349. There is also the Summit Value Pass, Epic Local Pass and the full Epic Pass which features full, unlimited access with no blackout dates at 15 different ski resorts throughout the US, including Keystone, Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, Vail, Heavenly, Park City, Whistler Blackcomb, and even some smaller resorts like Afton Alps. It also includes some limited access at various European Resorts! With daily lift tickets averaging over $100 a day at most resorts, a season pass is the way to go!
- Start getting in shape Although you don't need to start a hard core training program, we do suggest upping your fitness level in prep for ski season. Small things, like taking the stairs, counting your steps, and working out at least 3 times a week will help to get you ready for the slopes. Some simple weight training can prepare your legs for the ups and downs of skiing or boarding. Get in some regular cardio so you'll be ready for the long runs at altitude.
- Book your lodging You're already thinking about it, so why not just get that place booked already!? Prime dates have already started filling up and the best properties always get booked first. Avoid a lodging disappoint and book the place you want now. SummitCove typically runs some great pre-season promotions to offer you the best deals on winter lodging, in advance! We also offer a return guest discount, so once you stay with us once, you'll save each and every time you come.
- Hit gear sales If you are in the market for new gear, start looking now for sales and deals on last year's gear. Many ski and outdoor shops will have tent or clearance sales in the fall to clear out old gear to make room for new stuff. Take advantage of these sales and get what you need now without paying full price.
- Countdown the days! That's it! With a little planning, you can stop worrying and start counting down the days until you'll be on the slopes at Keystone! We'll see you this winter!
Posted on 9/13/2017 by Alyssa Hubbard
Are you ready for ski season? 5 things to do to get yourself ready
Ski season is just around the corner and it will be here before you know it. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you're ready to go once the snow starts flying.